Monday, October 22, 2007

There is soo much to learn!!!!

Today my long weekend finally comes to an end. After three days of being a student, one day of writing exam and another day of lazing around, tomorrow I have to go back to office. The honeymoon comes to an end.

I still have two more exams coming Sunday before my first semester comes to an end. Today I was studying from the book called “Business communication”. From that book I learnt about the importance of listening skills. I learnt about how important it is have interpersonal skills in you official life. I learnt different ways of conflict resolution. I learnt about different ways of negotiation. I learnt how important it is to give praise. I learnt the importance of giving and accepting criticisms.

After reading this book, I felt I have sooo much to learn. This made me think about lerearning itself as a process. If we take things correctly, there is so much there is that we can learn even from a routine day. But the first thing that we need to understand is, perhaps, that there is a lot of learning out there that we have to do.

Is it not starange that unless we attempt to know something, we don't even know about its existence? For example, if I have not taken up the MBA course and not read the book I was mentioning, I probably would not even know that there is a seicence behing praising, negotiating, motivating, negotiating and what not. In fact if we are ope enough, there are so many things that we can learn even from everyday instances. But the first step is to realize that – Yes, I have to learn something new.

In an official setup – When my boss scolds me, I learn how I should not behave with my subordinates. When the implementation team rejects even my best thought plan, I can learn that I still have a lot of things to think about before drafting a final plan. When my collogues disagree with me, I can learn that I don't know the entire dimension of a problem.

In family setup – I see my dad and learn the importance of sacrificing your personal comfort so that your near and dear ones are happy. When I see my mom, I learn how important unconditional love is. When I see my brother, I learn how brilliant a young man can be. When I see my sister, I learn what all I would have missed if I did not have a sister. When I see my relatives, I learn how manipulative people can get to get to their needs.

With friends – I learn how different people can be and still be caring. I learning how important it is to belong to a group and still be unique. I learn the importance of support. I learn, there is still soo much to learn.

Yes, it’s really strange that when you open your mind a little wider, you know how much there is to learn. Everyday seems to be filled with so many lessons - if we are willing to learn. How wonderful it would be if I could somehow learn to learn the leasons of daily life. :-)

No comments: