Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Opportunity...

Opportunity, it is said, is small window in life to God’s grace. It is through opportunities that God tells you how much he likes you. He tells you how enthusiastic he is to see you performing at your best. At the same time he also wants you to see recognize him through these small windows. If you are busy, lousy or careless, you will miss opportunities. And opportunities missed are success lost.

I have had a very good stay in my present company. I have had great friends here. I have learnt a lot professionally here. But slowly a lot of my friends and like minded people started to leave this company. New people began to come in who neither understood me nor did they respect my past work. Slowly I began to feel dejected and a started to look out elsewhere for newer opportunities. I might have approached a dozen companies. I gave interviews that lasted two minutes to one and a half hour. There is hardly any opportunity that I missed that came my way. But I cam back from every interview empty handed. I particularly remember one company where I cleared the interview four times – without the HR giving me a call. I started to get frustrated. I began to feel I am loosing all the opportunities that are coming my way. My friends say I am pretty good at work. Why then was I not able to secure even a job change? Am I good enough in the first place? Why is God making fun of me by showing so many mirages?

Yesterday I sat and thought as all these facts ran through my mind. I thought instead of being too judgmental or pessimistic, I will count the positives that I have got. Maybe God wants me to know teach the lesson of patience. Maybe I have not got the right opportunity because he is still out there, hunting the right job for me. Maybe he wants me to work with not so pleasant people to teach me the importance of friends. Maybe he wants to toughen me up. Maybe he is readying me for bigger and better battles. Maybe he wants to test how much faith I have on him. Maybe he does not want to show me small window of his grace. Perhaps, he wants to open a door full of opportunities for me.

It is when all these thoughts were passing through my mind, that I got a call from a company. My telephonic interview was over. I cleared it – as usual. Now they want me to come over to have a face to face talk so that another round of comprehensive interview can be done. I don't know if this is again a small prank God is playing with me or is it truly the door that I have been waiting for. Only time and perhaps God knows what’s going to happen.

For the time being a small window seems to be open. I have faith in God’s grace. I will go and peep through it. Let’s see what’s waiting for me :-)

No comments: