Sunday, October 21, 2007

First MBA exam over!!!

I got over with my first pair of MBA exams today. Gosh!!!!! I am tired. It’s been years since I used to keep sitting in one place. In office we tend to move around a bit. While studying I roam around/listen to music. I am also used to the constant chatter and noise of office and my roommates. It’s today that I realized how difficult it is sit quietly for 6 hours (in two sets of three hours each) in pin drop silence and concentrate every nerve of yours towards solving a question paper.

The day by itself started in a typical Susheel way. I thought the exam starts at 10:30, but actually the exam was scheduled to start at 10:00!!!! (God!! How careless I am). Reporting time was 9:30!!! At 9:30, I was still in room and had just finished taking bath. Got ready and came out singing, happy that I am leaving an hour early for my exam. It was when I pulled out my Admit card to give the address of my exam hall to the rickshaw driver, that I realized that the exam starts at 10 and I have only 15 minutes to reach the exam center. And to top all that, I was so busy studying all these days that I did not even know when my exam center is physically located. Just imagine what might be going through my mind. I could hear my hear beat above the sound of the rickshaw and the traffic. After every breadth, I was cursing myself for being the most careless person to walk on the face of this earth!!!!!!!

Luckily, today was a Sunday and that too vijaydashami (It's the day when people wash their vehicles and worship it) traffic was less. I reached my exam center in about 10 minutes (God is great). Hah, by the way did I mention, I forgot my watch in the mad rush? Anyway I ran into my exam center just when the bell rang. It took me some time to catch my breath back. Slowly settled down and began to read the question paper.

Still I could not believe how careless a person I am and why I do not improve even after soo many bad lessons. Still I could not believe how I have been thinking about this exam for more then a month now – only to ignore seeing the correct time of the commencement of the exam. Gosh!!!! Have you met the most careless man in this world?? If no, you are most welcome to meet me!!!!!

The first paper was OK. I attempted all the 100 questions. But the problem is that it is an objective type paper. And in objective type papers you always tend to think you have done well till you get the actual marks. At least I hope I can clear the exams.

The second paper was a bit difficult as compared to the first. Here too I attempted all the 100 questions. I think at least 70% is correct, but lets wait and see what the results have to say (results are expected in next one month). Of course, my only fear is that if there is negative marking, I am dead.

Mom (who knows me like the back of her hand) called me twice to tell me not to forget anything and be less careless – How sweet of her. But, I think even mom does not know that some things do not change. I think my carelessness is one such thing.

All in all, apart from the initial shock of the beginning of the day everything went fine. I am expecting to at lest pass in both the papers. My next exam is on coming Sunday 28th of this month. Yeah, yeah, I will be more careful that time around. For the time being – it’s OK :-)

PS: Will I ever become responsible and more organized???

1 comment:

Basavaraj D.Khadabadi said...

Hey Susheel,

I do remember you sirrrrr.....heng aderi?? Thanks for your comment....All the best for your MBA.
Keep in touch!

Cheers,
Basu