Saturday, October 20, 2007

Exams tomorrow..!!!

Yeah, yeah…I know – Exams tomorrow. Tomorrow will be my first MBA exam on “Introduction to management”. Next Sunday I have one more exam on “Managerial effectiveness” and my first semester exams will be over. Yesterday too I had taken study leave. Felt so good, being a student again – Wonderful.

Frankly speaking, I am surprised by own motivation to study. After all it’s been more then three years since I last studied for an exam. Studying has really not lost its charm as far as I am concerned. The discipline, concentration and the will power that it calls for to write an exam is really exiting. I have never been a brilliant student in college days. No topper or the most brilliant kid in school. I have always had to study hard even to get OK OK score. But still, somehow, I have always loved to study and be a student.

At the end of the day, I saw the book that I had finished. Could not believe I had finished such a big fat book. It also brought back memories of my Engineering college days. It also brought back memories of – believe it or not - my Mom.

It’s so easy to take things for granted. I still remember how supportive my mom used to be during my exam days. I used to get hourly tea. Just tell my mom when I have to get up and no matter how ungodly hour of the day it might be, Mom used to wake me up. Any disappointing performance in exam and my Mom would always be by my side to perk me up. She used to cook my favorite dishes so that I have my stomach full. I still remember her telling me – Eat fully and fill the answer paper fully. I can’t stop remembering her enthusiasm to see me doing my level best. Maybe, it’s because of her that I love being a student.

Now I am staying in a bachelor room. Got to go to office in the morning and make time for myself in the night to study. An hour of study will make you feel tired, because you don't have even a table and chair to sit and study. No hourly tea now. If you have to study, you have to get up – nobody will wake you or remind you. Have food if you are hungry, else leave. One person perking you up is yourself. There are soo many things that we take for Granted.

Yes, I might be becoming a bit incoherent in writing. Yes, I might be becoming unnecessarily emotional. But, that's Susheel for you.

Tomorrow is my exams – I love you and miss you, Mom :-)

No comments: