Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Difference of opinion...

Again I came to room early from office - to study. I came to room and thought I will blog instead. After all I have been studying since long a little blogging will do no harm (will power development required).

While traveling from office to room, I was thinking about the various differences of opinions that exist among people. What made me think is not this fact, but the fact that two people can think entirely in different direction, and still be correct in their own way.

Just have a look at the attached picture. What I see is a beautiful young lady maybe in her mid twenties. So beautiful that maybe I will ask her out for dinner. But in the same photo someone else may see an old lady, probably in her eighties and definitely not a person who could be taken for a dinner. But both the views are equally true. Look carefully - and you will find both young and old lady in the same photo.

So many things in real life are also similar. I might be feeling that my boss is pressurizing me too much but my boss might be thinking I am not co operating fully. I might feel that a person is committing a sin by robbing but the robber might think that he is making a living. I might think that I am relaxing myself by blogging, my friends might feel that with 4 days to go for exam I am wasting my time. I might feel that the lady walking on the road is not so pretty, but she might be the prettiest person alive for her husband. I might think of myself as a big man, my parents might think I am still a child. I might feel that a father is the financial head of the family, someone else might feel that a mother should be the financial head of the family. I might feel that a mother should be the emotional head of the family, someone else might feel that we are limiting a woman by confining her to the home.

What is most wonderful is that however contradicting both the views might look; both of them are equally true in their own right. What I personally feel is that as far human emotions are concerned, there is nothing called as pure truth or pure lie. What is true for one person might be a lie for someone else.

What is point I have learnt from these observation is that I should not be Judgmental. Maybe I should try and see things from other person's point of view. Yes, in doing so I might loose my viewpoint and I might become vulnerable. But I think its takes courage and wisdom to look at things from other person's point of view. I might not have learnt it now, but definitely would love to have this positive trait with me as I grow.

Life, I feel is soo complicated. The last thing that it can be is a series of YES/NO. The highest paradox is that anything can be correct and wrong - at the same time. An image can be a young lady and old women - all at the same time. :-)

No comments: