Monday, October 15, 2007

Lakshya...

Could not get up early today :-( - which implies I could not read much on my MBA today. Yeah - I did read a bit about the control function of management, nothing worth writing here. I then decided I will come early from office and study.

I did come early from office, but instead of studying, I saw the movie "Lakshya". Lakshya is one of my favorite movies. Apart from brilliant acting, direction and choreography, the reason I like this movie is because I am soo similar to the Hrithik in the first half of the movie.

I am careless. I don’t know exactly what to do. I believe in peer communication a lot. I considering doing a lot of things at the same time - I chew more then I can probably digest. The song "Main aisa kuyon hoon..." in this movie, I have always thought represents me soo well. I am very very similar to hrithik's character in the first half of the movie.

But then again, have a look at poster of that movie that I have posted here. What you probably see is a shabby, careless young man yawning. But in the shadow you see a fighter, ready for a battle. I too have always believed in my own strange way that I have some greater purpose to serve. Yes, I don’t know what that purpose exactly is. Yes, logically I might be wrong. But my gut feeling always says that it’s just a matter of time before I find my true passion, once I do it - there is no one stooping me. I will then wear my passion on my sleeve and an alive and beating heart in my palm and run towards my destiny.

I have considered what my present passions are. I am recounting some of them here. I want to be the best human I know of. I want to be brilliant in at least one field of my life. I have fallen in love once, but at least once I want to rise in love. I want to travel different places. I want to be friend to different people from different places. The list seems endless...

But are any of these the true destiny of my life? Is there something greater I am supposed to achieve? For Hrithek's character in the movie, it took him 24 years and 1800 feet to find himself. I don’t know what it will take me to find myself. Till then I will wait and consider my life as a journey to find my destiny.

No comments: