Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What a wonderful day...!!!!!

Today was a Wonderful day!!!!!! It is these days that make you happy for being alive. Today was so good that I thought that I should slowly chronicle the entire day and register it in this post.

After many days I got up early today (even though I slept at 2:00 in the morning yesterday). I had the sense to study my courseware. I was lucky enough to complete one full chapter on different techniques of control systems. I learned about the types of control systems. I learnt about the different ways to measure the key indicators of the financial health of a company. I also learnt about feed forward, concurrent and feedback control mechanisms. Well begun in half done. What a wonderful day...

The next best thing that happened was that I was not going to office. My Job as transmission engineer in Nokia requires me to go on “field” some days. I am supposed to do surveys, to provide microwave connectivity to our client Vodafone. Today was my lucky day; I got a call in the morning at around 9:00 and was told to go for an urgent survey near Ramoji film city. Ramoji film city is around 40 Kms from my room. The climate was good and I was supposed to go on a looong drive… what a wonderful day.

The purpose of my survey was to put a tower on top of a hill near Ramoji film city. This tower will give great mileage for transmission connectivity to Vodafone in the years to come and I had proposed it Vodafone – and they approved it. To do the survey I had to climb the hill (Which, by the way was the tallest hill in that place). It was a great trekking experience. Yes, I have claimed a lot of hills in the process of doing my survey. But, today’s climb made it more important because the climate was great and I was also accompanied by civil experts. I showed the part of the hill that had to be blasted off boulders so that the tower can be built… what a wonderful day.

I must also tell you I like to take photographs. During my travels and my moments with my friends, I have clicked a lot of photos. In fact the total size of my photos amount to about 1 GB. Recently there was a national photography competition organized in my company – Nokia. The theme of the competition was “Nature” (The photos were to be clicked only with a mobile and not a digital camera). Thanks to my travels, I have been lucky enough to click a lot of nature photos. I had submitted one such photo just for the sake of it. And know what, my friend called in and told me that I have won the first prize in India. I am attaching the photo that won me this prize here… What a wonderful day.

Generally acquiring a site to erect a tower takes about 15 – 20 days. Luckily, the owner of the house had also come to see his site. We immediately caught up with him. He was a jovial old man. He was a very interesting person of around 60+ years. Age had caught up with him and he had become a little deaf. But this had not stolen his zest for living. He narrated a lot of stories about how he came to Hyderabad, how he went on to make money and finally at this age he was the owner of thousand Acers of land spread all over AP!!!!! Felt good to talk to this person. Better still, he agreed to our proposed price for using his land to put a tower and the site was acquired in less then three hours… what a wonderful day.

Since we were so near to Ramoji film city, we thought we will pay a visit to that place. It's a great place to visit. Great scenery, fresh air and beautiful faces all around. We roamed around and clicked some great photos (I will give upload some of my photos in my future blogs). We also saw a shooting taking place in one of the sets. Public are not allowed to go into the sets when picture shooting is taking place. We told the security guards that we are from Vodafone and are here to check for signals. We were allowed to go inside. Not only did we see the shooting, we also saw Ali (a famous comedian of the Telugu film industry) up close and in action… What a wonderful day.

Came back to room quite late. Had a look at the calendar and a chill ran through my spines. Only two more days to go for my exam, I have to study soo much!!!!! I toyed with the idea of calling up my boss and asking for two days of study leave. But I was sure my boss will never give me a single day leave. In any case I thought I will try my luck and called him up. Not only was I permitted to take two days study leave, my boss also wished me luck for my exam!!!!!! … What a wonderful day.

And here I am 1:00 in the night, smiling at myself as I write this in my blog… What a wonderful day :-)

1 comment:

Her said...

a beautiful positive view about life you have! you had a really interesting day Ive never seen a film shooting.