Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Solitude...

Silence, it is said has a thousand words. I love Silence. I like to sit quietly and let my mind astray. I like to listen to myself in the stillness of silence. Most valuable lessons that I have learnt have been in the midst of silence. Solitude I think is the greatest treasure that any one can ever have.

How true was Barton when he said – “Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequence comes from little things… I am tempted to think… There are no little things”. I love to walk alone in silent nights. The cool breeze, the humming of some far off bird, the rustle of the leaves that I stepped onto, the muffled sounds of TV sets. All these make me feel alive. They tell me how much there is to listen – both within me and outside me.

Solitude is my biggest treasure and my best teacher. And I live in the depths of my solitude

No comments: