Friday, September 21, 2007

One more Wicket falls in NSN - Vikas resigns

The bunch of happy faces you see has been taken in front of Hyderabad Airport (Don't worry!!!!! I am not there in the snap), when we had gone to send off Vikas. Vikas has now resigned from NSN and moves abroad to chase his dreams and look for a better future, I am sure all the people in this snap are wishing him the very best from the deepest of their hearts.

Vikas has been less of a co worker and more of a friend from almost a year. It feels strange and odd - cause with passage of time you tend to get used to some faces when you spend time with them - and suddenly to know that from tomorrow you will not be seeing them in their seats, that you wont be able to see their faces as frequently as you have got used to - it feels odd and strange. But the only thing that makes me feel good is the fact people always leave for their own betterment and personal improvement.

I am slowly getting used to this slow march of friends/collogue from my company. But each and every friend who has left the company have thought me some pretty good and lasting lessons.

Feras has thought me how important it is to be Silent. He thought me how speaking a few words could mean a thousand sentances. He truly thought me - Speech in silver and silence is Golden.

Nikhil (Fifth person from Left) has thought me the importance Deep friendship. Nikhil thought me how to truly connect with other people. He thought how to be soft and still be strong. He truly thought me - A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Bhavnesh (Third person from left) has thought me the importance of being Practical. He thought me that the word is not really as rosy as it seems. He thought me that the best from of help is self help. He truly thought me - How to have a body of thorns and a heart of rose, and still be a good human being.

Vikas (Fourth person from left) thought me the importance of being Professional. He thought me how silly and foolish it is to mix personal life with Professional life. He thought me how important it is to be confident in what you believe, no matter what others think. In his very own way he perhaps thought me the 10 most wonderful letters I have known - "IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME".

But the fun part is that when these guys were with me, I did not learn the lessons. I took too much for granted. But today when and sit and reflect on what each of these wonderful people who have been with me have thought me, the lesson's become more evident.

For Now - So long Vikas here's wishing you all the very best CHEERS!!!!!!!! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I dint see any blog on bangalore friends.. :)

susheel said...

Did not spend much time with Suryanilayans...Have been here for almost 2.5 years. Moreover Suryanilayans very similiar to me, nothing much to learn from them, apart from being together :-)