Thursday, December 06, 2007

Cherished moments...

After my first day in Hyderabad on 1st April, 2005 (a detailed account of which I have given in my previous post) I was convinced that my stay in Hyderabad will be adventurous. For once, I was correct. Can you see the happy face of the pig in dirty mud in the attached picture? I have been happier then that pig :-)

Someone has said that your entire life can be broken down into few moments of joy, happiness, sadness and grief. These moments define the essence of your life. I agree with it. In this post of mine, I have made a feeble attempt to capture some of the interesting/happy moments I have had in Hyderabad. I am sure these moments will stay on with me long after I have left Hyderabad. These moments will always make me laugh, cry, sad and happy.

The most cherished moments that I take from Hyderabad are the small get together I used to have with my friends. These evenings spent with Feras, Nikhil, Amol, Bhavnesh and praveen are no less then a treasure. We used to talk about Life, Girls, latest movies, songs, food, Einstein, office politics, plans to screw our bosses, Newton’s laws, past adventures, latest weight reduction techniques, Ram leela etc. In short we used to talk about anything and everything on the face of this earth. Of course I was the one who always talked the most. Friends - I will miss you and also miss our small get togethers.

There is one particular Black dog in our colony that seems to simply love me (I am sure Amol will be laughing even as he reads these lines). This black shows me soo much affection that I have now become a laughing stock among friends. Whenever this dog sees me, it will not miss an opportunity to run as fast as it can and collide with me. It takes particular care that I will not notice it coming. I still remember the night it sneaked up into my compound and was sleeping. It being a black dog, I could not even see it in the dark. I closed the gate behind me. When the black dog smelled me, it came running at full speed to collide with me. The only problem is that in the dark, it found the gate instead of me. The dog fell unconscious in front of me!!!!!!! Later it limped away. Black dog - I will miss your collision and theatrics.

I generally am not very good at dressing up. Not to mention I am very passable guy when it comes to looks. This have very often put me in funny/embarrassing situation. I remember once going to Hyderabad central and glancing over Nike shoes. A smartly dressed guy came walking to me and asked - "What's the rate of this shoe"!!! How very silly of him. Then there was a situation where I was waiting for my friends with tickets in my hands in front of a theater. One moron came to me and asked - "Bahiya, balcony ticket kitne mein diya?” Dude, does a genius like me look like a black ticket seller to you? My friends and I have always had good laugh over these situations. Fellow Hyderabadies - I will miss the misjudgment that you did going by my looks.

I particularly liked the time that I have spent with Amol in Pizza hut. Those visits use to be extremely philosophical and fun. A lot of my major decisions I have made in office life have been taken over a slice of pizza with Amol. Those days I have not eaten a pizza, I have savored slices of happiness. Amol - I will miss the time spent with you in Pizza hut.

Officially I have seen a lot of success in Hyderabad. I have made quick and efficient progress from a fresher to a back bone resource in Nokia - Hyderabad. I have won various accolades and appreciation from various people. But, all these things simply pale in comparison to the affection of my my friends. The support, joy, fun and understanding they have given to an eccentric guy like me are unbelievable. Not to mention the patience they have to listen to my endless gibberish.

For me these are not just cherished moments of Hyderabad - these are my little drops of Joy.

1 comment:

Her said...

sweet memories!
poor dog!
you know, you have an interesting view of life, it sometimes makes me ashamed of my self! it seems you enjoy every thin. there maybe this day that in my opinion has been a normal and boring one , but you seem to find a good point in it ... .
thats really great!