Tuesday, November 13, 2007

MBA results out - Pappu Pass Ho Gaya !!!!!!!

It came as a pleasant surprise, a silver lining in the dark cloud, a lone lamp in a dark night. The results of my MBA 1st semester are out and guess what – I cleared the exam!!!!!!!!

The Marks too were too good to be true. I have got 70 in one subject, 71 in two subjects and 67 another. All the marks are out of 100. That makes my percentage to 69.5. Hmm…not bad for a person working and studying at the same time. Not bad for a person, who till about a six months back did not know a thing about Management. I am extremely happy with myself and all gung ho about the results I managed to pull off.

I literally called up everybody who mattered in my life to deliver this news. I call up my parents, I called up my sister, I called up my brother, I called up my relatives, I personally delivered this message to my friends, I spoke about it to my collogues, I SMS’s my Bosses to thank them for giving me study leave so that I could prepare for my exam. I was in broadcast mode yesterday. Almost everyone who heard the news was happy. Of course, there might be some pessimist’s out there telling that I am getting too exited over a trivial issue. They might feel that I have just finished my first semester and I still have a long way to go. To them I have to tell only one thing – Well began, is half done. I believe that we have to study hard and party harder. I have study as hard as I can for this exam and now, its party time.

This is not just about clearing my first semester exam. I have cleared quite a lot of exams in my time as a student. It’s much more then that. It’s my first stepping stone to a dream of having a Master’s degree under my belt. It has given me the confidence that with a little hard work I could as well go all the way to finish my MBA. It has inspired to take my coming exams with more zeal. I now have belief in myself and am sure that I will not leave any stone unturned to finish off my MBA course. I pray for God’s grace to finish my remaining exams with the same result. I thank God for giving being with me to clear this exam.

I now have my next semester books I front of me. I got two subjects and four papers. First subject is Management accounting and second subject is Introduction to quantitative methods. I just opened the book and skimmed through the contents. It’s now getting more difficult. At the first glance I was very happy. More then 75% of the book seemed to be filled with numbers and mathematical problems. I have always been fascinated with Math’s. I love Integration, differentiation, Trigonometry, Calculus etc. But it took me a little closer look to find out it was full of Statistics. Statistics!!!!!??? I don't remember to have solved statistic problems since school days. It’s going to be a totally different ball game. It’s going to be more difficult then pure mathematics. I do not know if I still have the energy and/or brains left with me to learn a new branch of maths. But what I do know is that I am not going to shy away from this challenge. I will go for it and give my best shot. I will try and learn to assimilate it in as many different ways as possible. I will not quit without giving a fight. Rest is left to GOD, and I have immense faith in him. :-)

No comments: