Thursday, November 29, 2007

Candid confessions

My blog has been a real friend of mine during one of my most depressing days. I don’t know why, but off late I had been extremely sad by the way things were going on. I was feeling like I am not spending a lot of time with my family. I felt I was taking life too seriously. I hated the politics that was going on in office. I never could bring myself to appreciate the Nepotism culture in my office. I was sad, I was depressed, I felt spent and most importantly - I needed change.

It was in this time that this blog kept me together. I could write about anything that fancied me. I could burst out in anger, I could complain like a child, I could laugh like a joker - and give a damn about what the world thinks. In a very strange way it soothed me and calmed me down.
Yeah, some people may think that writing is the last thing that a young man can do when he is agitated. Racing, sweating it out in Gym, playing a rough game, talking tough with others etc are better options they would say. While there might be another set of people who might say that even my writing is bad. They might say that my grammar is not good, my spelling stinks and more often then not the tone of the blogs are depressing. To all these people I have only one think to say - I don’t care what you think. This is my space and I decide what I write.

I have not been blogging for almost a week now. The answer to this would seem obvious after reading the above paragraph. I have been happy for the past one week. It has been extremely eventful. For one thing I got a great Job offer. The kind that I have been waiting for since a long time. I resigned from my present company. I got to say all the "not so good" things to my bosses. I was made to feel important by my bosses trying to retain me. I found out that there are really some people out there who like me - people who will miss me.

I have wanted to leave Hyderabad for quite some time now. I was beginning to feel that I am a prisoner here. Now after my resignation, leaving Hyderabad has become imminent. Now when I sit here and think about it, I feel strange. All the things that Hyderabad has thought me flash across my mind. It was here that I was robbed of 17,000 rupees. It was here that I was almost left homeless by a cheat. It was here that for 4 months I stayed in a locality that was the nearest thing imaginable to a slum. It was here that I made friends that will last for a lifetime. It was here that I had my first brush with ugly side police. It was here that I was perpetually chased by one particular "black dog". It was here that I evolved into a "Transmission planning engineer" from an Engineer pass out. It was here that I earned the respect of some very good people during the course of my life. It was here that I first understand how it felt like to be in Love. It was here that I first understood how sad it feels when you heart is broken. It is here that I saw the ugly face of office politics. Hyderabad to me is not a place, but a series of lessons.

I will be leaving Hyderabad on 14th of December. I will be going to a place that only the closest of my friends know. Frankly speaking, I am extremely afraid and nervous about going to a new place. I am soo nervous that I sometimes get nightmares. And I don’t care about confessing it. I was once afraid of coming to Hyderabad as well.

The Next 14 days are going to be a very bitter sweet experience for me. I can’t wait to live and relive these 14 days through these posts of mine.
PS: I am sorry if someone was expecting more explosive matter in this post - going by the heading :-)

No comments: