Monday, October 01, 2007

What happens when Ideology clash happens??

Again it’s an observation I did in office. I was previously working in a very good Company (Am not naming any names here). The boss I had there was one of the very best bosses anyone can ever get. He was intelligent, sensitive and dedicated. I loved the way of his work, and as a person I learnt a lot from him.

Due a series of mergers’ and acquisitions I landed in a different company. The new boss who is now at the helm of affairs is Practical, outspoken and Professional. Though most people don’t like the way of his work, he does get the work done and as a professional he has a lot to teach me as well.

In short terms - if my old boss is north, the new is south. If the old is day, the new is night. There are huge differences in their way of working, thinking and getting the work done. If old boss is innocent and goes about doing his own work, the new boss is a charmer; he gets his work done from others.

But one thing which is common in both these guys is the immense confidance they have in themselves, the power they command is same,both think their style of working is the best and both are the the best in managing a telecom network.

Now due to some turn of events, both of them are made to take care of the same network. One as the owner of the network and other as the vendor for that network. The ensuing clashes that take place, the misunderstandings that takes place and the sheer mayhem that occurs due to these two giants being at the helm is simply huge.

I for one have been stuck in a very critical position. I have tremendous respect for my old boss, but I have commitments towards my new boss. And so many times there is a clash between my respect and commitments. And I can tell you - It's very difficult to take decision and act.

All said and done, what I personally feel is when such kind of a thing occurs, it is the people who are working at ground level that suffer the most. Due to the top level fighting (and both being genius in their own rights) the lower level engineer's are lost. They do not know what to do and whom to support.

And in this entire scuffle, you will find some people who will take advantage of this confusion and go about spoiling others names, settle personal scors, back biting and playing the cheapest of politics. I hate these kinds of people - because I have been victimized by such kind of people.

In any case, this clash of ideology and clash of titans has taught me some very good lesson, it has taught me how people play politics when confusion is in vogue, I now am very careful before Judging a person, I have learnt the lesson that no matter how big a genius you become - Its nothing till you conquer your ego....Thanks to both of them I am more mature today then I was a few years ago.

No comments: